The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Is Jesus Christ actually God? Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Is Jesus Christ actually God? EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Is Jesus Christ actually God?

3 posters

Go down

Is Jesus Christ actually God? Empty Is Jesus Christ actually God?

Post by Michael Servetus Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:20 pm

John 20:17, RS: “Jesus said to her [Mary Magdalene], ‘Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

So to the resurrected Jesus, the Father was God, just as the Father was God to Mary Magdalene.
Michael Servetus

http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Is Jesus Christ actually God? Empty Re: Is Jesus Christ actually God?

Post by gin Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 am

Michael Servetus wrote:John 20:17, RS: “Jesus said to her [Mary Magdalene], ‘Do not hold me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

So to the resurrected Jesus, the Father was God, just as the Father was God to Mary Magdalene.

I agree! Is Jesus Christ actually God? Bom
gin
gin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Servetus Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:42 am

gin wrote:

I agree! Is Jesus Christ actually God? Bom

Thanks Is Jesus Christ actually God? Icon_biggrin
Michael Servetus

http://www.watchtower.org

Back to top Go down

Post by ramcam2 Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:49 pm

In Jn 20:17, Jesus is actually God according to the early Christians...

Athanasius, St [296-373 AD]
De Synodis
And His One Only-begotten Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, generated from Him before the ages; and that we may not speak of two Gods, since the Lord Himself has said, 'I go to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God' (John xx. 17). On this account He is God of all, as also the Apostle taught: 'Is He God of the Jews only, is He not also of the Gentiles? yea of the Gentiles also: since there is one God who shall justify the circumcision from faith, and the uncircumcision through faith' (Rom. iii. 29, 30); and every thing else agrees, and has no ambiguity.

Ambrose, St [340-397 AD]
On the Christian Faith (De fide)
Exposition of the Christian Faith, Book I
91. Furthermore He said, "to My God and your God," because although He and the Father are One, and the Father is His Father by possession of the same nature, whilst God began to be our Father through the office of the Son, not by virtue of nature, but of grace--still He seems to point us here to the existence in Christ of both natures, Godhead and Manhood,--Godhead of His Father, Manhood of His Mother, the former being before all things, the latter derived from the Virgin. For the first, speaking as the Son, He called God His Father, and afterward, speaking as man, named Him as God.

Augustine of Hippo, St [354-430 AD]
Homilies on the First Epistle of John
Homily 3 on the First Epistle of John
2. Therefore it was that He forbade Mary to touch Him, and said to her, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended unto the Father." What is this? He gave Himself to be handled by the disciples. and did He shun Mary's touch? Is not He the same that said to the doubting disciple, "Reach hither thy fingers, and feel the scars"? Was He at that time ascended to the Father? Then why doth He forbid Mary, and saith, "Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to the Father?" Or are we to say, that He feared not to be touched by men, and feared to be touched by women? The touch of Him cleanseth all flesh. To whom He willed first to be manifested, by them feared He to be handled? Was not His resurrection announced by women to the men, that so the serpent should by a sort of counterplot be overcome? For because he first by the woman announced death to man, therefore to men was also life announced by a woman. Then why was He unwilling to be touched, but because He would have it to be understood of that spiritual touch? The spiritual touch takes place from a pure heart. That person does of a pure heart reach Christ with his touch who understands Him coequal with the Father. But whoso does not yet understand Christ's Godhead, that person reaches but unto the flesh, reaches not unto the Godhead. Now what great matter is it, to reach only unto that which the persecutors reached unto, who crucified Him? But that is the great thing, to understand the Word God with God, in the beginning, by whom all things were made: such as He would have Himself to be known when He said to Philip, "Am I so long time with you, and have ye not known me, Philip? He that seeth me, seeth also the Father."
ramcam2
ramcam2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down