The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
World News - Page 2 Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
World News - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
World News - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
World News - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
World News - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
World News - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
World News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
World News - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
World News - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
World News - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
World News - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
World News - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
World News - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
World News - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
World News - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
World News - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

World News

+3
miss_terry
Dhugz
RavlaM
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World News - Page 2 Empty Re: World News

Post by adanedhel Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:23 am

OK on the surface I might be wrong for I said its the Muslims, because indeed it is true that Christians (Spaniards) were the ones who invaded the "Philippines" during the colonization period. What I was trying to say is that it is due to Muslim's belief that they always become the aggressor. Talk about jihad. Christians never do that. The Spaniards long time ago were not inspired to invade to spread their faith, rather they invade to colonize and sap the colony's resources.

On the Crusades' case, have you asked yourself why the Crusade attacked Jerusalem in the first place? Consider these facts: Islam flourished just around 600AD, but after the Edict of Milan the Christians become free citizens of Roman Empire so its understandable that they lived first in Jerusalem with the Jews.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 pm

adanedhel wrote:OK on the surface I might be wrong for I said its the Muslims, because indeed it is true that Christians (Spaniards) were the ones who invaded the "Philippines" during the colonization period. What I was trying to say is that it is due to Muslim's belief that they always become the aggressor. Talk about jihad. Christians never do that. The Spaniards long time ago were not inspired to invade to spread their faith, rather they invade to colonize and sap the colony's resources.

Hi Adan, I'm sorry my friend but I am not going to let us get away scot-free just yet Smile

The Christian Spaniards came here to colonize and take advantage of our resources. BUT they also came to evangelize and spread Christianity. Haven't you heard of the term "the Cross and the Sword"? (see wiki below). That slogan symbolizes the strategy of Spain -- subjugate the natives by religion and by military power. It also symbolizes the objectives: to have Christian converts and to extend the military might of Spain.

Read the text below from this linked wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilocos_Sur

"To implement Spain’s policy, that of the sword and the cross complementing each other, missionaries came over to convert the heathen native to Christianity. A Spanish chronicler wrote: “The Ilocos are all Christians and are the humblest and most tractable."
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by RavlaM Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:58 pm

[flash]

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:48 pm

Cross and sword is never a principle of the Catholic Church...the Spaniards yes, but not the Christians in general. Islam's jihad is the religion's principle of propagating their faith which makes Muslims especially those who are faithful as dangerous.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by RavlaM Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:00 am

Great!!!!

I got banned at old barm.............................

I'm going to be defaulted via 3 day move rule.....nga pala di ako kasali sa tournament...
RavlaM
RavlaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum