The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
What is Rosary? Why is it very important! EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

What is Rosary? Why is it very important!

+8
adanedhel
element_115x
sakundes
Ateo
Esther
Lolo Bosyong
Yidda
fredms3
12 posters

Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty What is Rosary? Why is it very important!

Post by fredms3 Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:05 pm

Roses (Crown of roses) for Mary to simply put it. It is the summary of the New Testament --life, death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Rosary is made up of two things: Mental and Vocal Prayer. Mental is the meditation of the life, death of resurrection of Jesus Christ and that of the Blessed Mother, while Vocal consists in praying the 20 decades of the Hail Mary, each decade headed by an Our Father.

To be continued...

fredms3

Back to top Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty The images seen of the dead love ones.

Post by Yidda Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:33 pm

The following were the account of images seen at the death of a loved one: this is their conversation in the e mail which was shared to me.This was address to a Roman Catholic theologian.

I have to share this experience with you. It happened about 12 years ago. My Uncle Tony, who I was very close to when I was a child, was on his death bed in his house. He was 83 years old and he just kept hanging on, even the doctor was surprised he was lasting so long. I had prolonged going to see him because I just didn't want to see him in that way.

I finally visited him and he moved a finger recognizing that I was there. His eyes were fixed at the ceiling and not blinking. I told his son to put a damp washcloth over his eyes which he did right before I left. He was a very devote Catholic and was wearing the brown scapular. He lived in a small town and it was about a 20 minute country drive for me to go home.

I was about 10 minutes into my drive and I had been crying. All of a sudden I saw my Uncle Tony's face come through the roof of the car on the passenger side. He looked grumpy, the same way he would look when ever I would leave him and he would always ask me, "What's your hurry". He did not speak. I was calm because it was him. I am not aware of my driving during this time and yet I know the car is moving along.

As I was seeing him I felt someone hugging me by my left shoulder. Then and image of a face to my left by the driver's side window. The face was so close to mine it had to back of so I could see it. It was of a woman who gave me the most consoling look, she had real sympathy for me. She was in monochromatic browns, ranging from a medium to a light and almost a hint of gold. Her hair was behind her shoulders. I really took a good look because I have never had anything like this happen to me before. Even trying to look behind her. I did not recognize her.

Then she disappeared and the face of a young child appeared with white hair and looking very glorious, just radiant. At the time I thought maybe it was my uncle as a child because he had white hair when he was a kid. Then the face left leaving a spiral like trail behind it. It went directly towards the area where my uncle lived.

After the apparition was over I was still driving the car. I would say the whole thing must have lasted about 20 seconds. When I arrived home my husband met me in the driveway to tell me my cousin called that my uncle passed. Right after I left my uncle my sister and mother were there to pray the rosary over him. I had just missed seeing them. I realized when I had this apparition my uncle had passed while wearing the brown scapular and the rosary being prayed over him.

Last year I was reading a book about angels by Peter Kreeft and I came to a description that was the same as the white haired image I had seen. What I can say for sure is that I did see my uncle. Maybe I saw an angel.

The lady I do not know who that was and it bothers me. If someone is going to appear to you, don't you think they would make it known who they are? As I'm writing this something just occurred to me that maybe the lady in browns had some connection to the brown scapular. I originally did not think it was the BVM because I thought she would be in blue. Now I just started to wonder about this again because of the brown connection. What I saw was real and was not something a fallen angel would do. Your input would be appreciated.

OK to post this if you want.

I like the response of the theologian when he said :

I cannot be certain, but here are my thoughts on what you saw.

I don't believe that this was the work of fallen angels; there is nothing deceitful or malicious or harmful in what you saw.

I think that the woman you saw was, perhaps, an image of the Virgin Mary, and that the child was, perhaps, an image of the child Jesus. Your uncle had a devotion to Jesus and Mary. So perhaps by his intercession you were given this image.

The image you saw of your uncle was not a ghost, but was merely a representation of him, apparently given to you by God.
Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty Re: What is Rosary? Why is it very important!

Post by Lolo Bosyong Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:24 pm

Pag dinadasal mo ang Santo Rosario, parang nagbabasa ka na rin ng Biblia. Bakit? Kasi ang mga misteryo ng Santo Rosario, meron diyan mga pangyayari at mga kaganapan sa buhay ng ating Panginoong Jesu-Cristo. At ang iba naman ay ang mga pangyayari sa buhay ng Mahal na Birhen tulad ng Pagbibisita ng Mahal na Birhen kay Santa Elisabet. Tayong mga Cristianong Katoliko ay kailangan magdasal ng Santo Rosario araw-araw.

At saka by the way, meron ring Rosario sa iglesya Luterana at iglesya Anglikana.

Usage in Lutheranism
(Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosary#Usage_in_Lutheranism)

The Lutheran Church encourages its members to pray the rosary. However, though the Church follows the same format of the rosary as the Roman Catholics, each "Hail Mary" is replaced with the "Jesus Prayer". The only time the "Hail Mary" is said is at the end of the mysteries on the medal, where it is then replaced with the "Pre-Trent" version of the prayer (which ommits "Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death"). The final "Hail Mary" can also be replaced by reciting of either the Magnificat, or Martin Luther's "Evangelical praise of the Mother of God".

Usage in Anglicanism
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosary#Usage_in_Anglicanism)

Most Anglicans, among other Christian denominations, patronize the Anglican Rosary, although the use of the Roman Catholic Rosary is fairly common among Anglicans of Anglo-Catholic churchmanship. Many Anglo-Catholic prayer books and manuals of devotion contain the Roman Catholic Rosary along with other Marian devotions. The public services of the Anglican churches, as contained in the Book of Common Prayer, do not directly invoke the Blessed Virgin or any other saint in prayer, but Anglicans are free to do so in their private devotions. Anglicans who pray the Roman Catholic Rosary tend not to use the Luminous Mysteries or the Fatima decade prayer.

There is also a chaplet in use among some Anglicans that consists of four "weeks" of seven beads each, on which a variety of different prayers may be said. Though this is sometimes called the "Anglican rosary," it is not to be confused with the Holy Rosary of Our Lady as prayed by Anglicans and other Western Christians.
Lolo Bosyong
Lolo Bosyong

Back to top Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty Re: What is Rosary? Why is it very important!

Post by Esther Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:51 am

I have been praying the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, daily, since I was a kid, it really help us ,it draw me closer and closer to Jesus everyday.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo Bosyong Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:35 am

Esther wrote:I have been praying the Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, daily, since I was a kid, it really help us ,it draw me closer and closer to Jesus everyday.

Amen. That's true.
Lolo Bosyong
Lolo Bosyong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:53 am

Lolo Bosyong wrote:

Amen. That's true.

What is true, Lolo Basyong? Did you say that you too pray the rosary every day? Hmmmm, wag magsinungaling kc bad yan? Smile

Ako, noong Catholic pa ako ay parang torture sa akin ang rosary kasi nakakaantok talaga at nabibilang ko ang Hail Marys kaya alam ko kung malayo pang matapos. Noong bata pa ako ay bagsak talaga ako sa sahig ng bahay ng lola ko bago matapos ang rosaryo. Buti na lang sabi ng mommy ko na if I will be a good boy di na kami mamasyal kina lola pag gabi, kaya naging good boy ako, he he he he.

Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by sakundes Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:45 pm

What is true, Lolo Basyong? Did you say that you too pray the rosary every day? Hmmmm, wag magsinungaling kc bad yan?

Ako, noong Catholic pa ako ay parang torture sa akin ang rosary kasi nakakaantok talaga at nabibilang ko ang Hail Marys kaya alam ko kung malayo pang matapos. Noong bata pa ako ay bagsak talaga ako sa sahig ng bahay ng lola ko bago matapos ang rosaryo. Buti na lang sabi ng mommy ko na if I will be a good boy di na kami mamasyal kina lola pag gabi, kaya naging good boy ako, he he he he.

dame right, it's one of the best sleep inducer. nung panahon ng brownout madalas aku magrosaryo nun weh.. never got to finish even one.. id be dead asleep by the 2nd mystery lels @_@

catholic school pa naman aku nung elem kaya talagang sobra sa prayers and shit lels +_+
sakundes
sakundes

https://www.facebook.com/sakundes

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo Bosyong Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:51 pm

Ateo wrote:

What is true, Lolo Basyong? Did you say that you too pray the rosary every day? Hmmmm, wag magsinungaling kc bad yan? Smile

Ako, pag nagdadasal ng Santo Rosario, mga 5 - 6 o'clock P.M.
Lolo Bosyong
Lolo Bosyong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:53 pm

Toot! Nope, hindi yan ang tanong. Ang tanong is kung araw araw ka ba nagrorosaryo. Kasi ang bata bata mo pa tapos araw araw ka nagrorosaryo. Dapat you should play like the other kids.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lolo Bosyong Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:58 pm

Ateo wrote:Toot! Nope, hindi yan ang tanong. Ang tanong is kung araw araw ka ba nagrorosaryo. Kasi ang bata bata mo pa tapos araw araw ka nagrorosaryo. Dapat you should play like the other kids.

Huh? Kid daw ako? Cge na kid na kung yun ang gusto mo. Blah blah blah.

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! M004

Minsan nakakalimutan mag-dasal ng Rosario. Kung nakakalimutan man, nagdadasal nalang ako ng 3 Aba, Ginoong Maria bago matulog. Heeeeyyyy naku kid daw ako aba galing nya.
Lolo Bosyong
Lolo Bosyong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Oops! Sorwee, akala ko kasi ikaw yung kaisa-isang naming bata rito. Pareho kasi kayo ng avatar one time at devotee rin siya kay Virgin Mary. Anyway, kung hindi ikaw si Totoy ay sorry po, Lolo.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:38 pm

It is good for meditation. May mantric effects ang rosary use, same with how Hindus and Buddhists do with their 'prayer beads'. After going thru with it, without falling asleep in the process, we are left with a relaxed state and 'good' vibes. Smile
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Black and white ang kaibahan ng meditation ng Catholic Rosary at mantra ng Hindus and Buddhists. Ang pagrorosaryo ay ang pagninilay-nilay sa buhay ni Jesus from Mary's point of view. Eh sa Hinduism at Buddhism? Walang theological significance, parang yoga lang yata...
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:49 pm

adanedhel wrote:Black and white ang kaibahan ng meditation ng Catholic Rosary at mantra ng Hindus and Buddhists. Ang pagrorosaryo ay ang pagninilay-nilay sa buhay ni Jesus from Mary's point of view. Eh sa Hinduism at Buddhism? Walang theological significance, parang yoga lang yata...

Pareho lang essentially... nagkaroon lang ng object of devotion ang sa Catholics. Ang sa Hindus at Buddhists ay being one with the 'source' naman. Smile
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by RavlaM Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:34 pm

adanedhel wrote:Black and white ang kaibahan ng meditation ng Catholic Rosary at mantra ng Hindus and Buddhists. Ang pagrorosaryo ay ang pagninilay-nilay sa buhay ni Jesus from Mary's point of view. Eh sa Hinduism at Buddhism? Walang theological significance, parang yoga lang yata...

FYI the muslims also use beads to chant repeating words.
RavlaM
RavlaM

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:48 pm

Using mantras or this type of centering prayer are not of catholic. This version of centering prayer, is not consistent with the contemplative type of prayer found in the lives of the Saints in the history of the Church.

See this article criticizing this type of prayer:
http://www.ourladyswarriors.org/dissent/centerprayer.htm

Here is another article on the errors promoted in the type of centering prayer:
http://www.catholic.com/thisrock/1997/9711fea1.asp

Basically, centering prayer was invented recently as an application of eastern religious practices to Christianity. It is a type of amalgam of different religious ideas, but presented as if it were entirely Catholic.

Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty The Our Father

Post by fredms3 Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 pm

The Our Father or the Lord's prayer is priceless the very fact that is was Jesus Christ who authored this prayer.

The prayer contains all the duties we owe to God. Tertullian says that the Our Father is a summary of the New Testament. Thomas A. Kempis says that is surpasses all the desires of all the saints; that it is a condensation of all the beautiful sayings of all the Psalms and Canticles; that in it we ask God for everything that we need; that by it we praise Him in the very best way; that by it we lift up our souls from earth to heaven and unite them with God.

We should say the Our Father with the certitude that the Eternal Father will hear it because it is the prayer of His Son Whom He always hears and we are His members. God will surely grant our petitions made through the Lord's Prayer because it is impossible to imagine that such a good Father could refuse a request couched in the language of so worthy a Son, reinforced by His merits, and made at His behest.

Saint Augustine says that whenever we say the Our Father devoutly our venial sins are forgiven. The just man falls seven times a day, but in the Lord's Prayer he will find seven petitions which will both help him to avoid downfalls and will protect him from his spiritual enemies.

Our Lord, knowing how weak and helpless we are, and how many difficulties we get into made His prayer short and easy to say, so that if we say it devoutly and often we can be sure that Almighty God will quickly come to our aid.

St. Louis de Montfort --- The Secret of the Rosary -----

more on this....
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:01 pm

A wonderful little book on the Rosary and of its beauty and power.
Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:05 pm

The Blessed Virgin Mary told the visionaries in Medugorje:

"I give you your stones against your Goliath". They are -

1. Daily Rosary

2. Monthly Confession

3. Fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays

4. Monthly confessions

5. Reading and studying Sacred Scripture

~ notice that the Rosary was the first "stone" that Blessed Virgin Mary mentioned.
Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:52 am

Yidda wrote:A wonderful little book on the Rosary and of its beauty and power.

Indeed sis Yidda. Study of the lives of great saints unravel their love and great devotion for this crown of roses (rosary) for the Mother of God. What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Icon_smile
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by miss_terry Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:41 am

Prayer beads na iba lang ang version. Smile
miss_terry
miss_terry

Back to top Go down

What is Rosary? Why is it very important! Empty Private revelation: Our Lady of Peace, Anguera

Post by Yidda Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Message 3382 from Our Lady of Peace, Anguera, given in Boquim/SE, Brazil. transmitted in 07/10/2010

Dear Sons and Daughters, I am your Mom who repeats the same song, return, return. The Lord is awaiting you with the immense love of The Father. Don´t live in sin. Be converted. Don´t cross your arms. Humanity is sick and needs to be cured. Accept the Gospel of My Jesus with courage and testify everywhere with your very life that you belong to Christ. He alone is your all and you can do nothing without Him. I invite you to prayer and to living My messages. You live in the time of the great spiritual battle. The Rosary is the weapon I offer you for this great combat. Also, I ask you consecrate yourselves to My Immaculate Heart. I want to lead you to Him Who is your only Way, Truth, and Life. Courage. I suffer because of your sufferings. A frightening event will happen in Fumaça (a town) . Pray. My poor children will carry a heavy cross. This is the message I give you in the name of the Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting Me to reunite you here once more. I bless you in the name of The Father, and of The Son, and of The Holy Spirit, Amen. Remain in peace. Amen.
Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm

Rosary is the Crown of Roses
Dhugz
Dhugz

Back to top Go down

Post by mayacrisol Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:53 am

Rosary=vain repetitions
Matthew 6:7 But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
mayacrisol
mayacrisol

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 pm

mayacrisol wrote:Rosary=vain repetitions
Matthew 6:7 But when you pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Bakit mo naman nasabing vain repetitions ang rosary my beloved Maya?
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum