The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Hawking: The Universe did not need a God to exist

+4
element_115x
Jewel
vril
Ateo
8 posters

Go down

Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Empty Hawking: The Universe did not need a God to exist

Post by Ateo Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:32 am

In what is now the hottest book that is yet to be released, Stephen Hawkings, arguably the world's most well-known physicist, has effectively said that God did not create the Universe. The book, The Grand Design, is deemed controversial and shot up to no. 1 list in Amazon in advance of its release. Like Einstein before him, Hawkings has been used by theists to support their cause, but it seems that this latest controversy disqualified him to be a theist supporter. The atheists, of course, could not understand why there is a controversy on what to them is an obvious conclusion.

Here's the news: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/127578-hawkings-controversial-comments-see-sales-surge.html.rss

Last edited by Ateo on Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:40 pm; edited 4 times in total
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Empty Re: Hawking: The Universe did not need a God to exist

Post by vril Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:15 am

Hi Ateo,

Nalito ako sa title ng thread. lolx... But i know what you meant. Must be typo. Anyways, i'm looking forward to reading the book.....online of course. ^_~.
vril

Back to top Go down

Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Empty Re: Hawking: The Universe did not need a God to exist

Post by Ateo Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:26 am

Oops! Sorry, Vril, my brain had not booted up yet when I wrote that title. It is a big holiday in the US today - officially called Labor Day -- but effectively a three-day end-of-summer holiday and everybody is at the beach trying to catch the last days of warm weather. It was fun, I lacked sleep, thus the wrong title.

I corrected it now, so I hope it reads better. I also look forward to reading the book.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:18 am

Ateo wrote:In what is now the hottest book that is yet to be released, Stephen Hawkings, arguably the world's most well-known physicist, has effectively said that God did not create the Universe. The book, The Grand Design, is deemed controversial and shot up to no. 1 list in Amazon in advance of its release. Like Einstein before him, Hawkings has been used by theists to support their cause, but it seems that this latest controversy disqualified him to be a theist supporter. The atheists, of course, could not understand why there is a controversy on what to them is an obvious conclusion.

Here's the news: http://www.thebookseller.com/news/127578-hawkings-controversial-comments-see-sales-surge.html.rss

Frustration lang yan ni hawkings ateo, sa umpisa pa lang kasi kinukwestyon nya na kung bakit sya disabled samantalang maraming uneducated people but have nothing to offer the world pero physical healthy, unfair daw, kaya nakapag-isip sya na there is no God at all.

Ang gusto ko lang malaman sa kanya kung may paliwanag nga ba sya sa origin ng lahat. big bang nga ba, papano nagkaroon ng big bang - Lumalabas kasi sa end ng bawat discussion, ang sagot palagi is "We dont know" - dyan sya sabit.

Science can neither prove the existence of God because it is a limited realm nor disprove the existence of God - that's the bottom line there.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am

Well, well, well, it seems that you are buying the book, Jewel. Meron kang gustong malaman sa kanya and it is in the book. Smile
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by vril Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:45 am

Jewel wrote:

Frustration lang yan ni hawkings ateo, sa umpisa pa lang kasi kinukwestyon nya na kung bakit sya disabled samantalang maraming uneducated people but have nothing to offer the world pero physical healthy, unfair daw, kaya nakapag-isip sya na there is no God at all.

Ang gusto ko lang malaman sa kanya kung may paliwanag nga ba sya sa origin ng lahat. big bang nga ba, papano nagkaroon ng big bang - Lumalabas kasi sa end ng bawat discussion, ang sagot palagi is "We dont know" - dyan sya sabit.

Science can neither prove the existence of God because it is a limited realm nor disprove the existence of God - that's the bottom line there.

science need not prove something that don't exist..^_~.
vril

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:50 pm

Ateo wrote:Well, well, well, it seems that you are buying the book, Jewel. Meron kang gustong malaman sa kanya and it is in the book. Smile

It's not my habit of denying/rejecting what people say simply because I dont believe in him or that he is not a Muslim. I dont care who said it; my concern is what he said.

I had a plan of having that book but when I saw the video report at "BBC videos" and there was some kind of highlight from hawkings himself as to why he said that the universe did not need a creator to exist, I immediately changed my mind. I feel that what is written in that book is nothing but a theory "billion, billion years ago, such and such thing did happen" - That is but wild imagination because how would he know what really happened billions of years in the past? Can you imagine that length of time in the past?

If it is theology/philosophy I may buy the idea, but since it is scientific matter I cant.

Ill upload the video for you, inshallah.

Thanks
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Ateo wrote:Well, well, well, it seems that you are buying the book, Jewel. Meron kang gustong malaman sa kanya and it is in the book. Smile

Here is the video, I hope BBC will not mind me uploading their video hehehe

As I said, it's no more than a theory, watch and see.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:19 pm

vril wrote:

science need not prove something that don't exist..^_~.

how would/do you know that God doesnt exist? Prove it logically if you are truthful Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Icon_idea
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by vril Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:35 am

Jewel wrote:

how would/do you know that God doesnt exist? Prove it logically if you are truthful Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Icon_idea

lolx...what god? what is it?
vril

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Of course the Universe didn't need a God to exist... it just so happens that some elements of the Universe needs a God to make sense of it all hehee
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 pm

vril wrote:

lolx...what god? what is it?

You are getting very childish bro... change your style... not all people here are atheists...post something with sense Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Icon_cyclops
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:30 pm

element_115x wrote:Of course the Universe didn't need a God to exist... it just so happens that some elements of the Universe needs a God to make sense of it all hehee

yeah you are absolutely right according to atheistic minds hehehhe Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Herz
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by vril Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:01 am

Jewel wrote:

You are getting very childish bro... change your style... not all people here are atheists...post something with sense Hawking:  The Universe did not need a God to exist Icon_cyclops

You have not presented anything new my friend and you call me childish...LOL!. You're the lone ranger who's running around in circles. The burden of proof is always to those who claim something exist. lol! ....Try something different .

Until then, all you have is magic.
vril

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:11 am

What law of physics initiated the Big Bang? Hawkings fails to explain that.
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:30 am

How did you know that Hawkings did not explain the initiation of the Big Bang?

And in case he did not, does that make the myth of a benevolent divine being creating the Universe any more true? Science is about finding answers from observations and forming theories to fit these observations. Science does not provide all the answers, much less providing all the answers from the pages of a Bronze-Age old book written by scribes who only have Bronze-Age level of understanding of the Universe.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Hawkins admits in his book that he doesn't know. He says it lies outside the current realm of Physics.

Ateo wrote:How did you know that Hawkings did not explain the initiation of the Big Bang?

Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jovi Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:33 pm

There is a God.
Jovi
Jovi

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Mon May 23, 2011 3:19 pm

Atheists believe in Satan....
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Mon May 23, 2011 3:36 pm

fredms3 wrote:Atheists believe in Satan....

What an accusation, Fred. I believe in condoms. But not Satan? Anything imaginary I don't believe.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Wed May 25, 2011 6:29 pm

Ateo wrote:

What an accusation, Fred. I believe in condoms. But not Satan? Anything imaginary I don't believe.

How about imagination, do you believe in it Ateo?
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by rushmore Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:10 pm

Depends? hehe..
rushmore
rushmore

http://...Malaking pitsel, maraming yelo, magandang baso, masara

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum