The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic Twitte10
    Philippine Standard Time
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
    According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

May 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
    In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
    Poll
    FORUM TRANSLATOR
    Forum Protection
    Advertisement
    HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic

2 posters

Go down

According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic Empty According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic

Post by littleslim Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:01 pm

Many muslims think that the intiative burn a Quran a day is supported by christians and christianity ==> This nice interview will proove they are wrong.

The only thing we may criticize is why christians in this forum kept silent about the subject, we dont hear their voices for comdemning the acts of the Pastor Terry Jones.

http://www.tariqramadan.com/How-Should-Muslims-Respond-to-Burn.html
    littleslim

Back to top Go down

According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic Empty Re: According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic

Post by RavlaM Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:17 pm

Welcome Funkguy, I see this is your first post...

Actually a thread was opened in that regard https://thebereans.forumotion.com/the-christian-thinks-doctrines-f7/crazy-church-will-burn-the-koran-on-11sept-t323.htm.

I would like to ask what you feel about the planned burning of quran.
    RavlaM
    RavlaM

Back to top Go down

According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic Empty Re: According to priests, Terry Jones is apparently a fanatic

Post by littleslim Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Actually, iam not really new in the forum ==> Im just new in thebereans.forumotion.com /// i was very known in thebereans.net , everyone knows me as Funkquy.

So Harballah, and ATEO, if you see this thread, then Hello, i wasnt able to answer to your messages last time because i havent made enough posts to be able to do so.

I would like to ask what you feel about the planned burning of quran.

Answering to your question, actually iam quiet familiar with those kind of attacks against muslim sensitivity and Islam ... but Usually these attacks are more present in Europe than in America, the first one who asked to burn the Quran is Geert Wilders and then he retracted from doing it.

For Burning the Quran is not the big deal, i saw video in Youtube showing people who were tearing the Quran and things like that. Insane and immature people exist everywhere, stupidity is there too.

I thinkt the most important thing which bother me as a muslim, is the opposition to the construction of the community center in Manhattan near Ground zero ==> this is what really bothers me, in that case i feel myself as a victim, i feel as an oppressed muslim, i feel as someone who doesnt have the same right as other citizens, as a muslim i feel myself as an outsider, its always them against us.

So this has to change, by the same way americans may understand that Terry Jones is a fondamentalist christian and doesnt not represent christianity when he chooses to burn the Quran, by the same way they are gonna have to understand muslim who made september 11 to happen does not reprersent Islam, Islam is not responsible for 9/11 ... Still, a lot of questions remain unanswered about these attacks, a lot of things have not been said in TV about the subject, muslims could not make these attacks without the help of the american goverment.

Also, the reason why Imem Raouf is trying to build the community center near Ground Zero is because it's in that place that muslims who have a strict interpretation of Islam, live, the aim of that community center is to influence muslims living there and to change their mentality about the strict and wrong interpretation of Islam.

The more i understand the reasons of Imeme Raouf for building that mosque overther, te more i understand the sensitivity of americans towards muslims trying to build a muslim community center overthere ==> In a recent poll, about 6o% of americans have a negative perception of Islam and muslims, also a lot of americans accuse Islam to be responsible for 9/11.

So In short, i feel sad, but still, muslims must have faith in America, you know we can always criticize the foreign american policy towards the muslim majority country (a dangerous and very criticable policy), but America is still an exemplary country for cohabitation between religions especially with the Obama administration.
    littleslim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down