The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Dedication of Infants. Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Dedication of Infants. EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Dedication of Infants. EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Dedication of Infants. EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Dedication of Infants. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Dedication of Infants. EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Dedication of Infants. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Dedication of Infants. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Dedication of Infants. EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Dedication of Infants. EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Dedication of Infants. EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Dedication of Infants. EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Dedication of Infants. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Dedication of Infants. EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Dedication of Infants. EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Dedication of Infants. EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Dedication of Infants.

+3
sr_kakashi
Ateo
Gordon
7 posters

Go down

Dedication of Infants. Empty Dedication of Infants.

Post by Gordon Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:15 am

Why do many Evangelicals have their infants "dedicated"? What is the biblical rationale for this?

Last edited by Gordon on Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Dedication of Infants. Empty Re: Dedication of Infants.

Post by Ateo Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:07 am

I am not an Evangelical, never wish to be, but until Comby recruits Kapatid to come over, let me dabble on giving my Evangelical guess-view.

The dedication must be based on the dedication of Jesus when he was brought to the Temple and an old man Simeon, I guess, recognized him. I don't think he was baptized at that time.

He was only baptized as an adult by John the Evangelical, er, the Baptist.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by sr_kakashi Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:55 pm

Ateo wrote:I am not an Evangelical, never wish to be, but until Comby recruits Kapatid to come over, let me dabble on giving my Evangelical guess-view.

The dedication must be based on the dedication of Jesus when he was brought to the Temple and an old man Simeon, I guess, recognized him. I don't think he was baptized at that time.

He was only baptized as an adult by John the Evangelical, er, the Baptist.

Ang baptism ay pagkilala Kay Jesus bilang panginoon at tagapagligtas. Paano makakakilala ang isang Sanggol para tanggapin si Jesus?

Ang Infant baptism ay hindi itinuro nina Pedro o sinumang mga Apostol.
sr_kakashi
sr_kakashi

Back to top Go down

Post by sr_kakashi Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:58 pm

Gordon wrote:Why do many Evangelicals have their infants "dedicated"? What is the biblical rationale for this?

Supported verses Gordon

Biblical dedication:

I Samuel 1:24-28, "And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young. And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli. And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there."

Luke 2:21-22, "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;"

Ephesians 6:4, "And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."
sr_kakashi
sr_kakashi

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 am

sr_kakashi wrote:

Ang baptism ay pagkilala Kay Jesus bilang panginoon at tagapagligtas. Paano makakakilala ang isang Sanggol para tanggapin si Jesus?

Ang Infant baptism ay hindi itinuro nina Pedro o sinumang mga Apostol.

Curious lang ako bro...Saan ang patunay na walang itinuro si Pedro ng Infant baptism, tnx.
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:21 am

How about this: Circumcision in Judaism is baptism in the Christianity.
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 am

So why do evangelicals leave out the slaying of a bullock during the dedication? Where does it say that females are dedicated also?

sr_kakashi wrote:

Supported verses Gordon

Biblical dedication:

I Samuel 1:24-28, "And when she had weaned him, she took him up with her, with three bullocks, and one ephah of flour, and a bottle of wine, and brought him unto the house of the LORD in Shiloh: and the child was young. And they slew a bullock, and brought the child to Eli. And she said, Oh my lord, as thy soul liveth, my lord, I am the woman that stood by thee here, praying unto the LORD. For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there."

Luke 2:21-22, "And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord;"

Ephesians 6:4, "And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord."
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by sr_kakashi Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

Gordon wrote:So why do evangelicals leave out the slaying of a bullock during the dedication? Where does it say that females are dedicated also?

Hi there, butchering a bullock is from Old testament and symbolizing for the forgiveness in anyone. When Jesus comes it represent he is the bullock, that's why he died on the cross for the forgiveness of the World. John 3:16

So i will back to you the question.

Why do many Catholics have their infants "baptism"? What is the biblical rationale for this?
sr_kakashi
sr_kakashi

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:40 pm

Baptism is not the subject here. Evangelical dedication is the subject here.

Jesus is mentioned as the Lamb in scripture, but Jesus represented the Bullock? Show me the biblical proof please.

And even if Jesus represents the bullock, the ritual of dedication requires it.

sr_kakashi wrote:Hi there, butchering a bullock is from Old testament and symbolizing for the forgiveness in anyone. When Jesus comes it represent he is the bullock, that's why he died on the cross for the forgiveness of the World. John 3:16

Why do many Catholics have their infants "baptism"? What is the biblical rationale for this?
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:18 pm

^Anu yan Gords ikaw lang ang bato ng bato at si kakashi ang sapo ng sapo?
Di mo ba masasagot yung tanong nya?

"Why do many Catholics have their infants "baptism"? What is the biblical rationale for this?"

Yun na nga yung tinutumbok ni kakashi Gords e, sabi ni John d baptist “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! diba? Inihalintulad nya dun sa mga baka sa old testament.

Sya nga pala bat yun lang ang pinansin mong talata sa dedication? Pano don sa mga nasa new testament hindi mo pupunahin?
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:39 pm

I don't quite understand your tagalog slang.

But what Kakashi is doing is creating a DIVERSION in this topic, because Evangelicals cannot defend their practice of infant dedication.

There is no historical evidence for infant dedication. Martin Luther did not practice it. The Calvanists did not practice it.

It is a 20th century invention of Evangelicals in envy of Pedo-baptist tradition and culture.

Comb@tron wrote:^Anu yan Gords ikaw lang ang bato ng bato at si kakashi ang sapo ng sapo?
Di mo ba masasagot yung tanong nya?

"Why do many Catholics have their infants "baptism"? What is the biblical rationale for this?"

Yun na nga yung tinutumbok ni kakashi Gords e, sabi ni John d baptist “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! diba? Inihalintulad nya dun sa mga baka sa old testament.

Sya nga pala bat yun lang ang pinansin mong talata sa dedication? Pano don sa mga nasa new testament hindi mo pupunahin?
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 am

@Comby and Sr_Kakashi

Sa aking palagay ay di ninyo pwedeng itumba ang argumento ni Gordon sa pamamagitan ng pagsaway rin ng ibang practices ng mga Catholics, pwera na lang kung maipakita ninyong may direct relevance ang practice na inyong sinaway.

@ Rev. Fr. Gordon

I can perfectly understand Comby's Tagalog. It is normal, conversational Tagalog. Father, you have to allow for the fact that our national language is a living language; it organically changes according to the popular usage. You cannot be as a purist as what you are used to in the Pontifical Seminary. Smile
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:53 am

Gordon wrote:I don't quite understand your tagalog slang.

Ang choosy mo naman Gord's hindi ka ba Pilipino? Hindi ako magaling sa English e ok lang kahit english carabao?

Gordon wrote:
But what Kakashi is doing is creating a DIVERSION in this topic, because Evangelicals cannot defend their practice of infant dedication.

There is no historical evidence for infant dedication. Martin Luther did not practice it. The Calvanists did not practice it.

It is a 20th century invention of Evangelicals in envy of Pedo-baptist tradition and culture.

Anung dina divert? Sinagot na nya diba? Biblical ang dedication at binigay na nya sayo yung mga verses tapos di masagot?

Eh ang catholic? infant baptism biblical ba? Question and answer portion pala ang gusto mo brad bato ka na lang ng bato at sagot na lang ng sagot si kakashi.

Yeah right walang ginawang dedication man sina martin luther dahil naguumpisa palang ang protestantism noon at FYI hindi po kami Protestante.

Biblical ang infant dedication yon oh pinost na ni kakashi

Ateo wrote:@Comby and Sr_Kakashi

Sa aking palagay ay di ninyo pwedeng itumba ang argumento ni Gordon sa pamamagitan ng pagsaway rin ng ibang practices ng mga Catholics, pwera na lang kung maipakita ninyong may direct relevance ang practice na inyong sinaway.

Yeah di kayang itumba ateo dahil wala sa tradisyon ng RCC ang infant dedication kundi infant baptism ang sa kanila pero ang tanong Biblical ba yan? Malamang hindi

Gagawa ko sa RCC board ng infant baptism
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Go ahead Comby post ka ng topic regarding infant baptism.
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:17 pm

fredms3 wrote:Go ahead Comby post ka ng topic regarding infant baptism.

Nakup, challenge.

Baka magkaroon tayo ng first debate dito sa New BARM.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:56 am

May infant dedeication pala, anoi yung parang handog sa INC.
Dhugz
Dhugz

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:55 am

Yup handog sa Diyos brad bible based yan dhugz
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:13 pm

Comb@tron wrote:Yup handog sa Diyos brad bible based yan dhugz

Bible based assumption is more like it. There is no evidence that ANYBODY practiced infant dedication more than a 100 years ago. It's a modern invention worthy of cult status.
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Mon May 02, 2011 4:43 pm

imbento ang sinasabi mo dyan gordon? Hindi pa ba sapat yung mga talatang binigay? Dine dedicate ang bata para sa Diyos ano imbento ka dyan

Last edited by Comb@tron on Wed May 04, 2011 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Mon May 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Comb@tron wrote:imbento ang sinasabi mo dyan gordon? Hindi pa ba sapat yung mga talatang binigay? Dine dedicate ang bata para sa Diyos ano imbento ka dyan

Hindi Sapat --- It is not sufficient. Why would Christians need to dedicate their babies in the Jewish fashion , when for the first 1900 years of Christianity, it was not needed?

There is no historical evidence supporting your assertion --- walang wala.
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Wed May 04, 2011 10:27 am

Gordon wrote:Why do many Evangelicals have their infants "dedicated"? What is the biblical rationale for this?

Nakakatawa ka naman Gords ang tinatanong mo kasi kung Biblical ito tapos hahanapan mo ng History, tradition?

Yun pala hinahanap mo historical evidence, dapat binago mo yung topic brad dapat ginawa mong What is the Historical evidence for this?

Regarding sa topic nasagot na ang tanong BIBLICALLY! tapos hahanapan ako ng history na di ginawa ng early christian? The bible speak to it self Gord's so don't manipulate it by History but Biblically ok?!

Dedication is a ceremony in which believing parents, and sometimes entire families, make a commitment before the Lord to submit a child to God's will and to raise that child according to God's Word and God's ways.

Acts 16:31-34 "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household".

Luke 2:22 Now when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, Joseph and Mary brought Jesus up to Jerusalem to present him to the Lord

1 Samuel 1:26-28 "As surely as you live, my lord, I am the woman who stood here beside you praying to the LORD. I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD." And he worshiped the LORD there.

Gordon wrote:
Hindi Sapat --- It is not sufficient. Why would Christians need to dedicate their babies in the Jewish fashion , when for the first 1900 years of Christianity, it was not needed?

There is no historical evidence supporting your assertion --- walang wala.
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by Comb@tron Fri May 06, 2011 4:01 pm

any takers?
Comb@tron
Comb@tron

Back to top Go down

Post by ramcam2 Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:37 am

sr_kakashi wrote:

Hi there, butchering a bullock is from Old testament and symbolizing for the forgiveness in anyone. When Jesus comes it represent he is the bullock, that's why he died on the cross for the forgiveness of the World. John 3:16

here is the appropriate thread for your question.........

https://thebereans.forumotion.com/t458-is-there-any-biblical-proof-for-infant-baptism
ramcam2
ramcam2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum