The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo

+16
sakundes
Gordon
miss_terry
mozzarella
Comb@tron
Jewel
korrill
Yidda
adanedhel
fredms3
harballah
element_115x
Esther
Ateo
MarcCatholic
Dhugz
20 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 Empty Re: My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo

Post by Esther Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:08 am

Ateo wrote:I hope Yidda feels better soon.

In the meantime, pakibasa na lang ang poste ko sa kabilang BARM:

http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?p=849055#post849055

debate challenge:
http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?t=50802

how could you possibly go in a debate when you excommunicate each other permanently.

Yidda will log in there now to answer the debate challenge.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo - Page 3 Empty Re: My exchange with a Catholic Priest----by Ateo

Post by korrill Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:01 pm

Esther wrote:this letter is from Yidda:
________________________________________________________________________________________________
I'm sorry to say that I must write in this thread again.

First the priest defended the doctrine and the stand of the "catholic faith in matter of morals" which we also defend in what ever forum we are.
No problem, if that was the only case.

The atheist used insulting word against the priest, which the atheist presented as if he is innocent but in truth he is intentionally playing with words(Damaso) to insult catholiscism. The priest reacted.

Who's fault now? who is correct.
Let's see:

Ateo posted this:

I don't understand why you claimed that "abortion is legal in the Protestant world". There could be a risk in committing falsehood if your unintended message was to imply that abortion is not legal in the "Catholic world". From what I know, abortion is legal in Italy, in Spain, and in France, which are the traditional "Catholic world".

And Fr. Abe's response contained such tidbits as this:

THE PROBLEM WITH YOU IS THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A SINGLE AUTHORITY TO DECIDE FOR YOUR CHURCHES. THUS, DECISIONS ARE MADE INDEPENDENTLY BY EACH GROUP AND MANY OF THEM 'OFFICIALLY' EMBRACED ABORTION, CONTRACEPTION AND SAME-SEX MARRIAGE. INCLUDING BORN AGAIN GROUPS AND YOUR BELOVED BAPTIST CHURCHES. HA, HA, HA...

Ateo posted this, in return:

Oops, Father. As my name implies, I am in fact an atheist... a godless atheist, so like you I also think of the Protestants as, er, misguided. But in fairness to them, the Evangelical movement is progressing quite well in all Catholic countries, particularly in Latin America. In the entire Latin America, social progress is progressing rather well despite the Catholic Church's shrill protestations. Chile has just legalized its divorce (making the Philippines the only country in the entire planet not to have a legal divorce); and Argentina, of course, just legalized its same-sex marriages. Catholicism is retreating, Father.

And Fr. Abe's reply once again contained such interesting thoughts:

YOUR FELLOW ATHEISTS [IF YOU REALLY ARE] KILLED OUR MEMBERS AND BURNED OUR CHURCHES UNTIL RECENTLY THE PRIESTS IN MEXICO WERE PROHIBITED TO WEAR EVEN THEIR COSSACK AND CLERICAL COLLAR. That is how nice atheists are. They are so kind as to murder the believers of God.

YOUR SO CALLED SOCIAL PROGRESS IS ACTUALLY SUCCUMBING TO THE STUPIDITIES OF COMMUNISTS WHO ARE ATHEISTS LIKE YOU. Now, the biggest Catholic nation on earth Brazil is preparing to host both the WORLD CUP 2014 and the SUMMER OLYMPICS 2016. She got the Olympic slot by defeating Chicago which was personally promoted by Mr. and Mrs. Barrack-Michelle Obama.

But even the, Ateo still responded as such:

No, Father Abe, hindi po ako Berean. Teka, papaano mo nalaman na doon ako sa Berean site nanggagaling? Seguro myembro ka doon ano? Ikaw ba si Roman_Cat o si Gordon? Curious!

But I am really an atheist even if you doubted it. The true test of an atheist is the so-called Luke12:10 test: reject tne Holy Spirit and you could not be pardoned even if you change your mind. Well, I therefore reject Him. That's it.

Btw, thanks for your interesting blogs and for your time in responding to my posts.

You ask who's at fault. Well, it's plain enough to see how your priest responded to simple queries and replies well before the word "Damaso" even surfaced. That comment of Ateo may have been untoward to a degree, but your priests reply did nothing to dispel it. On the contrary, his reply only served to confirm that view (Damaso).

Same with what you've done:

The atheist wants to broaden the issue by finding sympathy from members of Catholics muslim evangelicals atheist etc.. but in truth he also attacks their belief.

beware of evils plot.

Dear apologist this is not a matter of friendship, but faith. ~~~ Yidda

________________________________________________________________________________________________
disciple
may lagnat si Yidda.

honestly speaking , conversing with demons instead would be easier than to atheist, at least the demons flee whenever they see my SAINTLY face. Smile esther
[/i]
Even as you issue such a joke, you still display the same tendencies of a believer that atheists face on a regular basis: de-personalization, de-humanization.

Respect is not automatically gained through position or title. It is earned.

I have encountered many believers who gained my respect through their acts and the way they conduct themselves - how they truly live the life the bible describes. It is because of them that I have not chosen to abandon my search for proof of god.

Fr. Abe is most definitely not one of them. Your words make you dangerously close to being the same.
korrill
korrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:33 pm

Why don't you just wait for Yidda's response on the old Barm between what Ateo believes

True for him: the Fr. Emeterio Barcelon,SJ article

And Yidda: Fr. Abe.

Personal opinions and emotions would not help , it does not matter too who's fault it is on their first dialogue.

Be guided by this link:

http://www.thebereans.net/forum2/showthread.php?t=50803
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Esther, you missed entirely the main message of Korrill's post: that with your adhom posts, you are becoming dangerously like Padre Abe.

Yes, pls. tell Yidda that I'm willing to debate with her on Fr. Barcelon's stand: that there is no fixed position of the RCC on the RH issue. Barcelon is correct and I will add to that the fact that popes and councils throughout history had varied views about RH. Even the bishops during the Second Vatican Council had opposing views. The Bible clearly does not support the RH views. And while the RCC is trying to appear scientific with medical terminologies, science has lots of surprises for the RCC position.

These things will be out in a debate if Yidda agrees. I will prove that the RCC position is not biblical, not based on tradition and not scientific.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:20 pm

No I did not read the entire because I don't think it is necessary to post the content of the dialogue and open it here again. Unless you want to talk it here again for the second time. Talking to your self and the evangelicals and others with no opposition.In that case I too will stop posting in this thread.

I don't think the debate would go well bet you and Yidda unless you know too the definitive teaching of the church Tradition Scripture Magisterium.

and by the way I want to post this one again it attracts korril. I don't know why he boldens it.

don't mind if I post this again:
honestly speaking , conversing with demons instead would be easier than to atheist, at least the demons flee whenever they see my SAINTLY face.
Very Happy esther

and atheist would not flee because they could not see Christ in me.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Esther wrote:...

I don't think the debate would go well bet you and Yidda unless you know too the definitive teaching of the church Tradition Scripture Magisterium.

You can assure Yidda that I do know the teaching of the RCC Magisterium on the issue and I am, in fact, continuing to study the RCC position on this important social issue in our country today.

Tell her that the RCC position is not new to me. Although, you claimed that Yidda is a Catholic theologian, ako naman ay di theologian level pero I was once best-in-religion awardee from kindergarten to high school, he he he.

At this point, with too many adhoms and to many threads to discuss, it is best for me and Yidda to face off in a debate thread where an impartial moderator will watch against adhoms and irrelevant arguments.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:26 pm

may fever pa siya Kuya.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:44 pm

Ateo wrote:Esther, you missed entirely the main message of Korrill's post: that with your adhom posts, you are becoming dangerously like Padre Abe.

Yes, pls. tell Yidda that I'm willing to debate with her on Fr. Barcelon's stand: that there is no fixed position of the RCC on the RH issue. Barcelon is correct and I will add to that the fact that popes and councils throughout history had varied views about RH. Even the bishops during the Second Vatican Council had opposing views. The Bible clearly does not support the RH views. And while the RCC is trying to appear scientific with medical terminologies, science has lots of surprises for the RCC position.

These things will be out in a debate if Yidda agrees. I will prove that the RCC position is not biblical, not based on tradition and not scientific.

Sana matuloy ang debate at nais kung tingnan Ateo kung san mo hahalukayin yang sinasabi mong ipo-prove mong RCC position on RH is not biblical...which means biblical yang condom, IUD etc. etc.

Well, kahit hindi matuloy yang debate ay open tayo sa isyung yan biblically.
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by korrill Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Esther wrote:and by the way I want to post this one again it attracts korril. I don't know why he boldens it.

don't mind if I post this again:
honestly speaking , conversing with demons instead would be easier than to atheist, at least the demons flee whenever they see my SAINTLY face.
Very Happy esther

and atheist would not flee because they could not see Christ in me.
If you cannot understand why an atheist would react negatively to such a statement, I doubt you'd be able to convince any of us that being a believer is the only way to being a better person. I suggest you try an learn more about what treatment atheists face from believers and to learn a little about what "sensitivity" means.

Peace.
korrill
korrill

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:07 pm

Thanks for your interest, Fred.

For starter, Fred, try finding biblical support for the position that life and personhood begins at fertilization and that interrupting the development of the embryo is murder. Your Bible will surprise you my beloved friend.

Im waiting fir Yidda to get this debate started.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm

korrill wrote:
If you cannot understand why an atheist would react negatively to such a statement, I doubt you'd be able to convince any of us that being a believer is the only way to being a better person. I suggest you try an learn more about what treatment atheists face from believers and to learn a little about what "sensitivity" means.

Peace.

Actually, it hurts that Esther implies that I am worse than the demon. But Esther is not actually a close friend of mine. What hurt more are when close friends like Marc referring to me as 'naliligaw sa landas' and Dhugz assuming that i have lower morals just because i am an atheist.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:15 pm

korrill wrote:

Peace.

Oh I know you will react on anything we say, like vril so sensitive. How about you calling our dogma stupid is that right? Who would like to argue with you if your attitude is like that. whew sensitive.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:24 pm

Ateo wrote:

Actually, it hurts that Esther implies that I am worse than the demon. But Esther is not actually a close friend of mine. What hurt more are when close friends like Marc referring to me as 'naliligaw sa landas' and Dhugz assuming that i have lower morals just because i am an atheist.

wow Mr. Ateo I'm the only one left who is still willing to talk to you, anyway this is my last post in this thread. And how can you possibly make a deabate after many sees the way you treat the priest and now as If you are so professional in your challenge so kind and gentle. why is it you challenge Yidda when you ban each other .

Take care of korril and vril ha ha ha

bye

Marc is rigth 'naliligaw sa landas'
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:45 pm

Ateo wrote:Thanks for your interest, Fred.

For starter, Fred, try finding biblical support for the position that life and personhood begins at fertilization and that interrupting the development of the embryo is murder. Your Bible will surprise you my beloved friend.

Im waiting fir Yidda to get this debate started.

Oks, i can already sense where your position would revolve. Maybe i or you will be surprised friend Ateo. Very Happy
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by korrill Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 am

Esther wrote:

Oh I know you will react on anything we say, like vril so sensitive. How about you calling our dogma stupid is that right? Who would like to argue with you if your attitude is like that. whew sensitive.
Once more, Esther: Who started the hate?

Based on your own post, I believe we already know the answer to that question:

Esther wrote:Personal opinions and emotions would not help , it does not matter too who's fault it is on their first dialogue.
That's why I find your attempt at turning the situation into your favor quite weak and pointless.

Atheists react when we need to react. The exchange between Ateo and Fr. Abe is a perfect example of it - an atheist reacting after an un-called for attack from a believer. Funny thing is, as can plainly be seen in the post, an atheist shows restraint and more respect than the believers even when such things as name calling and accusations have been thrown against him.

It's also interesting to note how you consider an atheist reacting to being called evil, murderous, stupid, foolish, demon spawns and the likes as merely being "sensitive."
korrill
korrill

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 pm

Ateo wrote:

Does that imply that demons have higher morals than atheists, since demons believe in God???
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dhugz Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Ateo wrote:

Wala naman akong sinabing ganoon ah.......
Dhugz
Dhugz

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:34 am

Woi. Saan yong naliligaw ng landas na sinabi ko? Hinahanap ko kaya. Please patingin baka naman hindi sa'yo yan or hindi ganoon ang nais kong sabihin. Friend kita noh. Very Happy
MarcCatholic
MarcCatholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:27 am

MarcCatholic wrote:Woi. Saan yong naliligaw ng landas na sinabi ko? Hinahanap ko kaya. Please patingin baka naman hindi sa'yo yan or hindi ganoon ang nais kong sabihin. Friend kita noh. Very Happy

http://thesplendorofthechurch.blogspot.com/2010/07/exchange-with-atheist.html#comment-form

marccatholic said...

Maraming salamat po Fr. Abe. Na-touch po ako dahil nabasa ko ang aking message. ... Wag nyo po isipin na against ako sa inyo father ha? Katunayan nga po ay fan ninyo ako. Bilang tao naman po, may nakikita din akong hindi maganda sa pag ad hom nyo sa ating mga naliligaw na mga kapatid. ...
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:21 am

Ay dahil diyan nasaktan ka na? Di mo nagets Ateo? Naliligaw na kapatid. Nandyan na nga ang salitang kapatid e. Ang pinatutungkulan ko ay ang religious affiliation o in general ay ang kanyang paniniwala kung may Diyos ba o wala. Pati, ikaw lang ba tinutukoy ko diyan? Parang hindi nga ikaw ang pinakasumagi sa isip ko e. Honestly ang nasa isip ko diyan ay si Brother Eli. Walang halong biro. Tinatawag niya kasing mama. Sabi na e namaling akala ka lang. Tsk.
MarcCatholic
MarcCatholic

Back to top Go down

Post by fredms3 Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:18 pm

Kinikilig naman ako sa dalawang ito....ok na mag kiss and make up na kayo at baka hindi ako makapagpigil ay makasal este masakal ko pa kayong dalawa Very Happy
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Tue Oct 12, 2010 6:37 pm

Naliligaw ng landas in what way....??
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 am

Element, you know what I mean right? It's the most common and basic expression when a person refers someone being naliligaw in terms of religious belief, etc and I've laid my premise already. Subjective it is but you get my point right? No need to prove.
MarcCatholic
MarcCatholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:59 am

It is not a "common and basic" expression. It is pejorative (judgmental) and commits the Catholic sin of triumphalism.

Saying somebody is "naliligaw" implies that there is only one correct way (your way) and that others don't know where they are going. It only sounds basic because your mind is used to that thinking. But one should question one's basic assumptions as well.

More neutral terms are: "may ibang paniniwala", "walang paniniwala sa Diyos" or "sa ibayong paniniwala".

I don't want to make a big issue out of it, but you challenged me to prove that you said it. Peace, Marc.
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:11 am

Bahala na nga po kayo. Wala naman akong nais sabihin diyang masama e. Ang sinasabi ko lang ay tungkol sa relihiyon ko. Sabi ko nga subjective e pero maaaring tama pa din naman ako kung ituturing ko talagang tanging tama lang ang Catholic Church. Di ko alam bakit naging big deal. Tama naman sinabi mo e na marahil masyado akong "nag-assume" siguro pero kaya lang naman naging isyu yan ay dahil sa maling akala. Never ko talagang ipinukol yan sa'yo, mainly. Tsaka, walang discrimination akong intention diyan. Salamat.

Last edited by MarcCatholic on Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:06 am; edited 1 time in total
MarcCatholic
MarcCatholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next