The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
Question Regarding Excommunication Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
Question Regarding Excommunication EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Question Regarding Excommunication

+2
fredms3
element_115x
6 posters

Go down

Question Regarding Excommunication Empty Question Regarding Excommunication

Post by element_115x Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:45 pm

I was a Catholic before, but now i'm not. It seems i slid from being a Catholic to becoming an atheist. Is the process for any ordinary person like me just like that? Or are there processes, or papers to be filled-out and signed by Church officials to officiate my being excommunicated?

Does excommunication apply only to certain high positioned people?

Is it just like being AWOL for the ordinary people?

Namaste. Smile

element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Question Regarding Excommunication Empty Re: Question Regarding Excommunication

Post by fredms3 Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:11 pm

How long was your stay with RCC?
fredms3

Back to top Go down

Post by sakundes Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:41 pm

check mu yung sa ireland.. may nabasa akung article a few weeks ago.. because of the ongoing scandals with the clergy, many have lost faith and wished to denounce catholicism. what to do to rid yourself of such burden is you must write a formal letter to your local priest or maybe someone higher to request to have your baptismal be nulled. you will receive a reply in which you can schedule a date for a dialogue to finalize your release from the faith.

check mu "how to unbaptize yourself" from google.
sakundes
sakundes

https://www.facebook.com/sakundes

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:07 pm

element_115x wrote:I was a Catholic before, but now i'm not. It seems i slid from being a Catholic to becoming an atheist. Is the process for any ordinary person like me just like that? Or are there processes, or papers to be filled-out and signed by Church officials to officiate my being excommunicated?

Does excommunication apply only to certain high positioned people?

Is it just like being AWOL for the ordinary people?

Namaste. Smile

Persons who fell away from the faith, in apostasy, heresy, or schism can, in my opinion, be reinstated simply by a valid confession. If a person is repentent, and confesses, then his sins are forgiven and, in
my opinion, he is reinstated to the Church. The Bishops of the Church do not require the faithful who have fallen away and then returned to do anything but repent and confess in order to have the automatic excommunication lifted.

In the eyes of God, every single person who commits the sin of apostasy, or of formal heresy, or of formal schism, has cut himself off (excommunicated himself) from the Church. There are today in the world some Cardinals, some Bishops, and all too many priests and religious, who are truly in a state of excommunication, despite continuing to act as if they are full members in good standing of the Church.

The phrase “latae sententiae” means a judgment or sentence which has already been brought, in other words, a sentence or judgment which does not need a future additional judgment from someone in authority; it refers to a type of excommunication which is automatic. Such a sentence of excommunication is incurred “by the very commission of the offense,” (CCC 2272) and does not require the future particular judgment of a case by competent authority.

Apostasy, formal heresy, and formal schism are all offences which incur a sentence of excommunication automatically. Heresy is the obstinate denial of any truth of the Catholic faith, on a matter of faith or morals, which has been definitively taught by the Magisterium.

ferendae sententiae excommunication is a judgment brought by competent authority; it is a juridicial excommunication. This type of excommunication is much less common than the other type.

Persons who are excommunicated juridicially (ferendae) can usually only be reinstated by the Bishop of his or her diocese, or the Holy See. Some juridical excommunications are reserved to the Holy See.

Some automatic excommunications are reserved to the Holy See, so that only the Holy See can lift them.

The lifting of certain automatic excommunications is reserved to the local Bishop and his designees. Often there will be several priests in a large diocese who can lift excommunications. Not every priest has that authority.
Yidda
Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Hhahaha! This is an interesting thread. Elem, yes, you need to apply to nullify your baptism, just as Sakundes described. You will have your case scheduled and on the appointed time you will be given a chance and counselling to change your mind. You will be delisted from the Book of Life. That's it. And the RCC will reduce officially from 1 billion to only 0.9999999999 billion. If you don't do this official process, they will continue to miscount and you will continue to risk getting forgiven. Baka tuloy mahatak ka pa sa langit pag nasama ka sa general pardon, he he he.

Yidda is right that everybody can be forgiven. She was wrong however by not mentioning the so-called unpardonable sin that is clearly mentioned in more than one book in the Gospel. So, to preclude na magkasama kayo ni YHWH for eternity, you need to do the unpardonable sin, which is to reject the Holy Spirit. Do it in the presence of witness and that is it for you. No more forgiveness even if Pope Benedict will specifically do it for you.

I hope this helps Very Happy
Ateo
Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:12 pm

It is a misconception to understanding excommunication as expulsion from the Catholic Church.

Baptism as a sacrament cannot be undone.
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Gordon Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:45 pm

You can join the Taliban, but that would only make you a bad catholic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVNZFylTdo&feature=related
Gordon
Gordon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum