The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
How do you explain... Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
How do you explain... EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
How do you explain... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
How do you explain... EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
How do you explain... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
How do you explain... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
How do you explain... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
How do you explain... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
How do you explain... EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
How do you explain... EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
How do you explain... EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
How do you explain... EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
How do you explain... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
How do you explain... EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
How do you explain... EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
How do you explain... EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

How do you explain...

+6
element_115x
Jewel
MarcCatholic
sakundes
BibleBot
Amp'd
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How do you explain... Empty How do you explain...

Post by Amp'd Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:11 pm

The Trinity let's say if I were an eight year old child trying to figure out what this means to my faith? If I were a young child raised in a church that believes in The Trinity, how would you make it sensible to me? Question
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

How do you explain... Empty Re: How do you explain...

Post by BibleBot Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:42 pm

bakit di ba naniniwala ang lds sa trinity
BibleBot
BibleBot

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:39 am

BibleBot wrote:bakit di ba naniniwala ang lds sa trinity
Uhm, as far as I understand your terminology, I believe the LDS do not believe in what you protestants and other trinitarians call "The Trinity".

You can check in our church's website in the gospel topics doctrinal index by clicking here.

You will notice that it does not mention a thing about "The Trinity". I was hoping that trinitarians can try to explain it in the simplest way ever.

Please define "The Trinity". And please try to explain it to me as if I were an eight year old boy who is striving to understand its concepts.

Thank you.
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by sakundes Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:36 am

simple lang.. 3 seperate conciousness then 3 seperate entities.. and dont blast me with that "mystery thang" that catholics often spew out lels @_@
sakundes
sakundes

https://www.facebook.com/sakundes

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:16 am

sakundes wrote:simple lang.. 3 seperate conciousness then 3 seperate entities.. and dont blast me with that "mystery thang" that catholics often spew out lels @_@

Interesting. So, how would you define a "conciousness"? If you don't mind me asking. And I'm not going to blast you with anything. I'm just trying to understand the concepts of The Trinity, which basically includes getting an understanding of the terminology/jargon involved.
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by BibleBot Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:59 pm

Amp'd wrote:
Uhm, as far as I understand your terminology, I believe the LDS do not believe in what you protestants and other trinitarians call "The Trinity".

You can check in our church's website in the gospel topics doctrinal index by clicking here.

You will notice that it does not mention a thing about "The Trinity". I was hoping that trinitarians can try to explain it in the simplest way ever.

Please define "The Trinity". And please try to explain it to me as if I were an eight year old boy who is striving to understand its concepts.

Thank you.

para sa iyo ano ba ang trinity

kasi impossible na wala kayong trinity o ayaw nyo lang ng salitang trinity

kasi me godhead terminology kayo eh
BibleBot
BibleBot

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:46 pm

BibleBot wrote:

para sa iyo ano ba ang trinity

kasi impossible na wala kayong trinity o ayaw nyo lang ng salitang trinity

kasi me godhead terminology kayo eh

As far as it has been explained to me by my Trinitarian friends, the concept of the LDS godhead is different from The Trinity. Thus the inquiry.
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by BibleBot Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:10 pm

ano ang pagkakaiba ng godhead ng lds sa godhead ng ibang christian movement
BibleBot
BibleBot

Back to top Go down

Post by MarcCatholic Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:39 am

Parang ganito po kowya. May tatlong baso, tapos may isang pitsel ng tubig (wag nyo na po itanong sa akin kung saan galing ang tubig). Ngayon, yong tubig sa loob nun, ilalagay mo sa tatlong baso pareho ang dami. Iisang tubig po yon kaso nasa tatlong baso. Maaaring yong isang baso ay pang-inom ng gamot samantalang yong isa ay pang-toothbrush at yong pangatlo ay siguro panghugas ng yong kamay. May iba't iba po silang role pero iisa lang ang esensya. Iisang tubig lang po sila. Very Happy
MarcCatholic
MarcCatholic

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:36 am

BibleBot wrote:ano ang pagkakaiba ng godhead ng lds sa godhead ng ibang christian movement
I can do better at explaining what our views of the Godhead are than what your views are since I'm more versed with my doctrines. Aside from that, I'd rather let a trinitarian explain their views. If you agree, then I can just explain what we think of the Godhead and you explain yours. ok?
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 am

MarcCatholic wrote:Parang ganito po kowya. May tatlong baso, tapos may isang pitsel ng tubig (wag nyo na po itanong sa akin kung saan galing ang tubig). Ngayon, yong tubig sa loob nun, ilalagay mo sa tatlong baso pareho ang dami. Iisang tubig po yon kaso nasa tatlong baso. Maaaring yong isang baso ay pang-inom ng gamot samantalang yong isa ay pang-toothbrush at yong pangatlo ay siguro panghugas ng yong kamay. May iba't iba po silang role pero iisa lang ang esensya. Iisang tubig lang po sila. Very Happy

I see, thanks! So, do you mean that each "person" in The Trinity performs His own functions acting in accordance to His own will?
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:20 pm

MarcCatholic wrote:Parang ganito po kowya. May tatlong baso, tapos may isang pitsel ng tubig (wag nyo na po itanong sa akin kung saan galing ang tubig). Ngayon, yong tubig sa loob nun, ilalagay mo sa tatlong baso pareho ang dami. Iisang tubig po yon kaso nasa tatlong baso. Maaaring yong isang baso ay pang-inom ng gamot samantalang yong isa ay pang-toothbrush at yong pangatlo ay siguro panghugas ng yong kamay. May iba't iba po silang role pero iisa lang ang esensya. Iisang tubig lang po sila. Very Happy

Problema nga pala kung itatanong kung saan galing ang tubig marc.

anyway, pwede mo bang e-clarify the following:

1. Kapag nabasag ang isa sa tatlong mga baso, saan mapupunta ang tubig na laman nito? (Jesus died)

2. Does each person of the trinity needs/dependent or doesnt need/independent to one another?

3. Can the all knowing become ignorant?

Thanks
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by element_115x Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:12 pm

Ganito, yung baso at pitchel nasa loob ng ref... at yung ref representation ng mind ng tao. Razz Don't ask kung saan galing ang ref. Smile
element_115x
element_115x

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:19 am

Follow up question lang pala marc, nakalimutan kong ilagay:

So, sa iyong illustration, alin ang tinatawag na "God" yung tubig o yung baso?

Salamat sa pagsagot ng previous questions. I will wait for your other responses. Maraming salamat! What a Face
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by sakundes Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:18 pm

simple as this.. you cannot share your mind not even your brain to another entity.. you can only communicate per se
sakundes
sakundes

https://www.facebook.com/sakundes

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:35 am

Amp'd wrote:The Trinity let's say if I were an eight year old child trying to figure out what this means to my faith? If I were a young child raised in a church that believes in The Trinity, how would you make it sensible to me? Question

The Holy Trinity is like the ice, water and water vapor. They have different phases but they are one.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:55 pm

adanedhel wrote:

The Holy Trinity is like the ice, water and water vapor. They have different phases but they are one.

That's a big problem model indeed because it's illogical.

If I have a glass of water, it can become either vapor or ice, but it CAN NOT become vapor or ice yet remains a glass of water at the same time, let alone being water, ice and vapor all three at the same time.

Dr. William Laine Craig, a famous orthodox trinitarian scholar and apologist for Christian faith REJECTS that model my friend.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 am

Appeal to authority.

Any model have deficiencies, we cannot exactly represent the Trinity with models. What I understand in the model I present is that all three phases are still H2O, hence one.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:12 pm

adanedhel wrote:Appeal to authority.

Any model have deficiencies, we cannot exactly represent the Trinity with models. What I understand in the model I present is that all three phases are still H2O, hence one.

So you are admitting now that the model that you presented does not represent/explain the trinity, arent you?

Could you explain to us how did the trinitarians come up to formulate such doctrine when they dont understand/cant logically explain it in the first place?
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:45 am

Jewel wrote:

So you are admitting now that the model that you presented does not represent/explain the trinity, arent you?

Could you explain to us how did the trinitarians come up to formulate such doctrine when they dont understand/cant logically explain it in the first place?
To some extent models explain the nature of the Trinity, but like all models they cannot exhaustively explain or demonstrate the nature of the Trinity.

Your second question is a fallacy of many questions. I'm a trinitarian and I explain because I understand, not because I don't understand and cannot logically explain.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:21 pm

adanedhel wrote:
To some extent models explain the nature of the Trinity, but like all models they cannot exhaustively explain or demonstrate the nature of the Trinity.

I dont think so because any model can be explained logically while the trinity can not. Whatever you do, when you relate the model to the trinity, there is always a problem in every angle.

Your second question is a fallacy of many questions. I'm a trinitarian and I explain because I understand, not because I don't understand and cannot logically explain.

I dont think that you really understand the trinity because if you cant explain it logically that means you dont really grasp it. How is it that each of the three persons is fully God yet they are but one God. And the problem doesnt end there, you have Jesus who is fully human and fully God both at the same time; to be full man excludes any divinity and to be fully God excludes any humanity - you cant have it both at the same time.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Esther Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:49 pm

Amp'd wrote:The Trinity let's say if I were an eight year old child trying to figure out what this means to my faith? If I were a young child raised in a church that believes in The Trinity, how would you make it sensible to me? Question
Light three candles. Notice that there are three separate flames. Now, with help from another set of hands, tilt the tops of the candles so that the flames come together as one flame. Together they are one flame, yet three separate flames.

Don't you know that It is in the innocence of the children , their purity and their weakness that the power of God lives.
Esther
Esther

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:56 pm

Jewel wrote:

I dont think so because any model can be explained logically while the trinity can not. Whatever you do, when you relate the model to the trinity, there is always a problem in every angle.

I dont think that you really understand the trinity because if you cant explain it logically that means you dont really grasp it. How is it that each of the three persons is fully God yet they are but one God. And the problem doesnt end there, you have Jesus who is fully human and fully God both at the same time; to be full man excludes any divinity and to be fully God excludes any humanity - you cant have it both at the same time.

Sometimes I wonder why when a man and a woman when they get married they become one...this is the understanding in Christianity, I don't know in Islam if a man marries a woman, do they become one? Because a Muslim male can marry several females, so basically a Muslim cannot understand the concept of the Trinity because even in his own human experience he cannot understand why 2 people can become 1.

God's nature cannot be understood by using mathematics.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by harballah Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:48 pm

adanedhel wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why when a man and a woman when they get married they become one...this is the understanding in Christianity, I don't know in Islam if a man marries a woman, do they become one? Because a Muslim male can marry several females, so basically a Muslim cannot understand the concept of the Trinity because even in his own human experience he cannot understand why 2 people can become 1.

God's nature cannot be understood by using mathematics.

Isa lang ang malinaw diyan brad, sapagkat hindi puwedeng masasabing iisa lang sila kasi kapag namatay ang isa sa kanila ay hindi na ito matatawag na two in one.

So, paumanhin kung hindi pasok sa konsepto sa Islam na sabihin mong kapag nag-iisand dibdib ang lalaki at babae ay equal na sila How do you explain... Kopfschuettel
harballah
harballah

Back to top Go down

Post by the700clowns Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:05 pm

adanedhel wrote:Appeal to authority.

____

one Jaguar

one Lion

one Tiger

they are all Cats

but are they one cat?! No, they are 3 cats.

having the same nature doesnt make them one.

the700clowns
the700clowns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum