The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
How do you explain... - Page 2 Twitte10
Philippine Standard Time
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
How do you explain... - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
Poll
FORUM TRANSLATOR
Forum Protection
Advertisement
HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

How do you explain...

+6
element_115x
Jewel
MarcCatholic
sakundes
BibleBot
Amp'd
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How do you explain... - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you explain...

Post by the700clowns Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:16 pm

adanedhel wrote:

Sometimes I wonder why when a man and a woman when they get married they become one...this is the understanding in Christianity, I don't know in Islam if a man marries a woman, do they become one? Because a Muslim male can marry several females, so basically a Muslim cannot understand the concept of the Trinity because even in his own human experience he cannot understand why 2 people can become 1.

God's nature cannot be understood by using mathematics.

___
married couple are still a "couple", married couple are called "one" but what does that "one" means?! it means they are united, even if they are United they are still 2 people, 2 human beings.
the700clowns
the700clowns

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:01 am

That's the difference in human nature and God's nature...what I was trying to say is that in human experience we have the glimpse of what it is like to be called as one.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:33 pm

adanedhel wrote:That's the difference in human nature and God's nature...what I was trying to say is that in human experience we have the glimpse of what it is like to be called as one.

So that means that you have to understand the context of the meaning of the word. If i say 1 pair, it means two though i use the word/number one.

Wouldnt you agree with me that the trinity is unexplainable because it is a mystery?
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:00 pm

Bro Jewel when we say mystery it doesn't mean it cannot be explained. It can be explained but only up to a certain extent. Logic is like a flashlight that enable us to see what is inside the tunnel but our vision is limited only on what the light hits, while mystery is the knowledge of the whole tunnel.

It is like the story of an ant and a heron arguing what an elephant looks like. The ant who is in the elephant's foot said, "an elephant looks like a huge pillar...", but the heron which is in elephant's back said, "no, you're wrong. The elephant looks like a plain field...". Of course they are both correct in their own point of views (logic), but they were not able to see what the elephant actually looks like (mystery).
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by the700clowns Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 am

adanedhel wrote:That's the difference in human nature and God's nature...what I was trying to say is that in human experience we have the glimpse of what it is like to be called as one.

so they are actually 3 gods but are only being called "one"?!
the700clowns
the700clowns

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:56 pm

adanedhel wrote:Bro Jewel when we say mystery it doesn't mean it cannot be explained. It can be explained but only up to a certain extent. Logic is like a flashlight that enable us to see what is inside the tunnel but our vision is limited only on what the light hits, while mystery is the knowledge of the whole tunnel.

It is like the story of an ant and a heron arguing what an elephant looks like. The ant who is in the elephant's foot said, "an elephant looks like a huge pillar...", but the heron which is in elephant's back said, "no, you're wrong. The elephant looks like a plain field...". Of course they are both correct in their own point of views (logic), but they were not able to see what the elephant actually looks like (mystery).

ayon sa oxford dictionary, a mystery is something that is impossible to understand or explain.

Yes you have 3 different persons in 1 god that is somehow understandable but actually not - so you just call it mystery.

No one would buy the idea that each of the 3 persons is God yet they are only 1 god - you would really end up with 3 gods, unless if each of the persons is partly god only approx. 1/3 because 1/3+1/3+1/3 = 1 = that is logical, NOT the 1+1+1 = 1 because that is definitely illogical.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:10 pm

If God is full of love, with whom did He share that love before all creatures are created?

From now on we will follow together what the forumers will say in this catholic.com forum thread:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=497174&highlight=Trinity
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:28 pm

adanedhel wrote:If God is full of love, with whom did He share that love before all creatures are created?

From now on we will follow together what the forumers will say in this catholic.com forum thread:

http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=497174&highlight=Trinity

Sandali lang yan supalpalin bro/sis

The point of the questioner is clear; he wanted to drive out that God must be trinity because to have love, there must be an object of love, ergo, the three persons can love each other.

But that arguments fails in every angle according to me.

If God needs an object of his love, then what about his anger? Who was the object of the anger of God before all creatures were created? - see? That nonsense theory can be trashed right away.
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:27 am

I see it now bro.. Before every creature was created, your God did not feel love, wrath, or any feeling that needs outlet because no one can see them.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jewel Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:39 pm

adanedhel wrote:I see it now bro.. Before every creature was created, your God did not feel love, wrath, or any feeling that needs outlet because no one can see them.

Wrong absolutely. God's attributes such as love, mercy, forgiving, ect. are infinite, it is with him since eternity even before he created anything but it doesnt mean that there should be an object for those attributes to be meaningful.

If you insist that there must be an object for those attributes, then who was the object of God's anger and forgiveness before he created the creation? Did anyone commit sin before God created the creation? who would that be?

Thanks
Jewel
Jewel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amp'd Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Esther wrote:
Light three candles. Notice that there are three separate flames. Now, with help from another set of hands, tilt the tops of the candles so that the flames come together as one flame. Together they are one flame, yet three separate flames.

Don't you know that It is in the innocence of the children , their purity and their weakness that the power of God lives.
Hmm... coming from experience, adults in the catholic school i grew up in tried to make me understand what the trinity is. i remember that i was around seven at that time and i just couldn't understand how three "candles" or "three" flames can be called "one flame" when all i can see is "three flames". how can three become one and yet there are three separate, distinct, different personalities, and three different roles yet you call them one when obviously they are three.

can you explain that a bit simpler to a child? what if your kid starts asking you why three persons are said to be one?
Amp'd
Amp'd

Back to top Go down

Post by adanedhel Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm

Jewel wrote:

Wrong absolutely. God's attributes such as love, mercy, forgiving, ect. are infinite, it is with him since eternity even before he created anything but it doesnt mean that there should be an object for those attributes to be meaningful.

If you insist that there must be an object for those attributes, then who was the object of God's anger and forgiveness before he created the creation? Did anyone commit sin before God created the creation? who would that be?

Thanks
You mention that one of God's attribute is love and it is infinite. How could God feel love when no one is there to be loved? Does that mean God loved Himself alone?

And with whom can God feel anger in the first place before the creation? No one sinned before the creation so no one can be the object of His anger and forgiveness.
adanedhel
adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum