The New Public Square Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Similar topics
    New BARM is on Facebook/Twitter NOW!
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 Twitte10
    Philippine Standard Time
    Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
    » Kung pagbabatayan ang pagmumukha ni Soriano
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 08, 2017 2:42 am by Teng

» Survivor...
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2016 1:00 pm by Esther

» Guys musta na kayo?
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyFri May 10, 2013 8:51 am by RavlaM

» iNTRODUCTION
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:52 pm by Comb@tron

» Lets talk about MARRIAGE
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:49 pm by Comb@tron

» Para sa Muslim, Masama bang maging Pedopilyo?
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 am by viruzol_007

» DEBATE with VANNIE...
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:26 am by harballah

» DEATH PENALTY
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyFri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 pm by RavlaM

» Ang katotohanan tungkol sa Iglesia ni Cristo na pekeng iglesia na tatag ni Manalo.
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 7:57 pm by Lito

» Watch Impeachment trial Live Streaming: CJ CORONA
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:02 pm by Disciple

» Si kapatid na Felix Manalo
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 12:28 pm by Guest

» Ashampoo Burning Studio v10.0.15 Portable
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:19 pm by Dhugz

» Atomix Virtual DJ Pro v7.0.5 Portable
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2011 4:11 pm by Dhugz

» Constitutional Crisis?
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:54 pm by Guest

» HOTSPOTSHIELD
    Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 11:54 am by Disciple

September 2024
    SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Social bookmarking

Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public square on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of The New Public Square Forum on your social bookmarking website

Who is online?
    In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 470 on Tue May 29, 2012 4:40 pm
    Poll
    FORUM TRANSLATOR
    Forum Protection
    Advertisement
    HOTSPOTSHIELD

Protecting the web for your                                                                                                                                                                              security, privacy and anonymity!                                                                                                                                                                        Get behind the SHIELD! 100% FREE!

Abortion: When does life really start?

+10
    Jewel
    Esther
    Yidda
    gin
    Ateo
    miss_terry
    fredms3
    korrill
    element_115x
    vril
    14 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 Empty Re: Abortion: When does life really start?

Post by adanedhel Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:11 pm

vril wrote:

For all catholics , yes.

But in common law, only a person can be murdered. Therefore, abortion is not murder unless one considers the fetus to be a person. According to Roe v. Wade, the word "person" does not include the unborn, and a fetus does not have equal status with the mother until the point of viability, or when the fetus can exist outside of the mother's womb. In addition, according to the common law in criminal matters, the definition of a "person" is one who has been born alive.

http://www.publiceye.org/ifas/fw/9407/myths.html

If it is not murder by your own definition, then what is it? You carefully planned to curtail the formation of one precious life in case of contraception, and when there is already life in the womb you carefully kill her/him, then call it what? Give me some nice-sounding word please aside from the word "abortion".

When it comes to beliefs I don't have to rely on some fallible declarations of "experts". I have our Lord Jesus to teach us what is right and wrong, what is truth and lie, through His Church.
    adanedhel
    adanedhel

Back to top Go down

Abortion: When does life really start? - Page 9 Empty Re: Abortion: When does life really start?

Post by vril Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:18 pm

adanedhel wrote:

If it is not murder by your own definition, then what is it? You carefully planned to curtail the formation of one precious life in case of contraception, and when there is already life in the womb you carefully kill her/him, then call it what? Give me some nice-sounding word please aside from the word "abortion".

When it comes to beliefs I don't have to rely on some fallible declarations of "experts". I have our Lord Jesus to teach us what is right and wrong, what is truth and lie, through His Church.

Can't call it any other way. Sorry. Let's deal with reality. Jesus's teachings never solved anything. So it ain;t practical to apply it.
    vril

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:19 am

element_115x wrote:So saan na ba napupunta ang spirit ng mga namamatay na unborns???

I believe that prenatals who die in the womb, and infants who die without baptism, certainly go to Heaven, because their deaths unite them with Christ dying on the Cross for our salvation, which is the source of the effectiveness of all baptism.

I think that perhaps prenatals to first to an upper level of Purgatory, not to be punished, but to learn about Christ and to receive the development that they were denied on earth. Then they soon go to Heaven to be happy forever. So we can pray for these young souls, and perhaps our prayers benefit them as they learn and develop in Purgatory.
    Yidda
    Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by Ateo Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:31 am

"I believe..." "I think that perhaps..."

Yidda, are you talking about what you think or what the Church teaches about dead prenatals and purgatory? Your so-called "waiting time in purgatory" seems nice although possibly unsupported by your Church and the Bible. And whatever happen to limbo? That previous waiting chamber has been discarded?
    Ateo
    Ateo

Back to top Go down

Post by Yidda Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:29 am

Ateo wrote:"I believe..." "I think that perhaps..."

Yidda, are you talking about what you think or what the Church teaches about dead prenatals and purgatory? Your so-called "waiting time in purgatory" seems nice although possibly unsupported by your Church and the Bible. And whatever happen to limbo? That previous waiting chamber has been discarded?

As far as I know no Council has decided the question of what happens to infants who die without formal baptism (water and words). The Council of Trent taught that Baptism is necessary for salvation, but that aside from formal Baptism, there is also the non-formal Baptism of desire.

Saint Thomas taught that there are three forms of Baptism, and this teaching is generally accepted by the Church:

1. of water (the formal Sacrament)
    2. of desire (also called a Baptism of the Spirit)
    3. of blood (typified by the martyrs who died while Catecumens)

The Church has for a very long time called the infants who died in the persecution, when Herod was trying to kill the Christ-child, the Holy Innocents. This implies that they did not go to Hell, since persons who die innocent do not go to Hell, and it implies that they died in a state of grace, since they are called holy. Therefore, I would draw the conclusion that these infants went to Heaven.

However, it is still something of an open question in the Church as to what happens to prenatals and infants who die without formal Baptism.

My opinion is that they receive a Baptism of blood, prior to death, by virtue of their impending death, which unites them with Christ on the Cross, Who is the source of all baptism. So they die in a state of grace, and go to Heaven (perhaps with a brief stay in the upper level of Purgatory).

The term Lmbo is used variously to describe different ideas about life after death.
    Yidda
    Yidda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9